Many australian seo companies are offering SEO packages in the masses without paying attention to one of the most simplest, crucial details when it comes to building small business and starting their online presence and audience. This isn’t about gaming google, it’s about giving your customers something they can find, write for your customer and they will come.
An XML sitemap is responsible for your websites being read by search engines and interpreting the layout of your website, but did you know that your XML sitemap can also assist you with local SEO?
You can take advantage of local seo and other services that an australian seo company will offer.
WordPress for local SEO within your XML SITEMAP.
- Access the categories menu under the posts tab when you login to your wordpress.
- Create a new category and call it “areas of service” or “locations”.
- For every suburb you service, create a new post and file it under locations. Make sure to write 100-250 words per each of these posts describing what kind of product or service you offer.
- Now add this category to your menu header, so when people go to navigate your site they see the locations you service. Google will love this.
Your XML sitemap will love this, every search engine will love this. Yummy, Yummy Google food.
If our target keyword was Sydney SEO, for example then naturally it would be our priority to make sure than any quality posts or pages would contain our point to another page internally with this keyword.
It wouldn’t make sense to put Sydney SEO inside pages or posts that are not going to have any effort put into them, the ultimate thing that makes my heart break when working on a client’s SEO is learning that my effort isn’t being reflected in the sitemap or the robots.txt.
Imagine writing a killer post with all the keywords, social signals, references and media and not getting indexed or even mentioned in google. Sad, sad,sad.
Tips for staying consistent
- Make regular contributions to your website regularly
- Make sure your content is up to date and relevant
- Source strong backlinks for your content
- Submit your posts that target local SEO to directories in that area
- Reduce your bounce and and increase page / domain authority by having your social feeds on your website.
Squeezing your landing pages
Your might be tempted to stuff your landing pages with keywords or LSI in order to target your other content or force search engines to make it “seem” relevant.
I would caution against that because in the rare event that you are reported for spam you are not only going to be penalised, but probably sandboxed for a number of months.
If you want to use your landing pages to your advantage I would suggest writing 750 – 2000 words of unique content relevant to your website, the product or service and the particular web traffic that you are targeting.
I would suggest if your website has more than 100 000 words I would suggest using a dynamic site map.
Tying the knot
Be prepared for your pages and posts to be indexed and take a while to rank, but don’t be overly shy about crafting some high quality backlinks to give that particular post or page some additional momentum. It only takes a little push of things sometimes to get going