Running a business locally is not an easy job. It requires steady flow of loyal existing customers to be successful. But, you must always make sure that you have a new stream of customers adding up to your business. In this digital era, it is necessary that your business grabs a place in one of the top three places of Google’s ‘local pack.’ Yes, your SEO strategy requires a serious update. Looking to rank your business in these active spots? Keep reading.
- Claim your business on Google My Business – This is a powerful tool for the local businesses these days. It can help increase the traffic to your website, by indicating the location of your business, photos of your business, reviews and even the business hours. All you have to do is to claim and verify your business. Google necessities the verification process, so that it can understand that your business is a legitimate one. Since, this helps with the local SEO, it is important to understand that any information you enter is important, as it lets the potential customers know when you are open, your contact number etc.
- Consistent Business Profile – This is an important strategy in SEO Sydney, for any type of business. You must make sure that your business profile is consistent across all the platforms. Especially, the Business name, Address, Phone Number, Business working hours etc. This is because, if there are any discrepancies, there are chances that Google might not trust your website and show your business at all. Be it SEO for real estate agency, SEO for lawyers or any local business, accuracy of the business information is very important in Local SEO Marketing.
- Get Reviews from Customers – Most people who visit your website, will look for online reviews, they trust them as much as they trust their family or friends. Reviews upsurge the credibility of your business, while allowing your website to gain better results from your Local SEO Sydney
- Work on Local Listings – Listing your business on the local directories like – Yelp, Yellow Pages, Angle’s List Kudzu, and more can work great for your local business. The only norm is you have to maintain consistent and accurate business information in every listing.
- Include your Local Area to the Keywords – Make sure to include your location to the keywords that you are targeting at. Especially, using them in the title tags will help with the rankings.
- Secure your Website with https, as Google may flag it and make it difficult for the users to access it.
- Embed a map on your website, as it will help your customers and Google on the location of your business.
The above listed a just a few Local SEO ideas that can help a local business. SEO requires a lot of effort, patience and diligence to make it successful. So, talk to an expert in SEO Sydney and discuss the possible opportunities that are available for your business through Local SEO.