Nowadays, Google’s search engine algorithms are changing almost daily. Whether it changes to the way Google ranks content, the way they tackle spam or even the way they alter its search results, there always seems to be something new to worry about if you’re in the SEO business. The latest update has already caused concern amongst many of the top SEO experts Sydney and will likely impact what they do when it comes time to optimize the clients’ sites.
Google recently announced that it would be cracking down on spam in search results by implementing a host of updates to its algorithms. It’s called the Search Spam Update, and it could have an even bigger impact than Google Penguin in 2012 and Google Panda in 2011 combined. The questions surrounding this update are numerous, and SEO consultants Sydney are already anticipating the potential negative impacts of this change on businesses’ search engine optimization (SEO) efforts and what they can do now to stay ahead of the curve in their niche. Let’s look at how Google’s spam update will impact SEO campaigns and what you should do to avoid being penalized!
Overview of Google’s Search Spam Update
Google’s Search Spam Update 2022 was released on October 19, 2022, and it significantly impacted how Google will handle spam in the future. A lot of websites are reporting that they have already seen their rankings take a hit. So, what does this mean for your business? Will this update hurt your SEO efforts? And if it will, can you recover from it?
Depending on your business type, this update may affect your ability to gain customers through SEO. While it will not remove your business from the search engine results pages (SERPs) altogether, it will make it more difficult to achieve high rankings, which means fewer people visiting your website. So, understanding the evolution of search spam and how it can affect your SEO strategy will help you adjust your content marketing efforts accordingly to avoid costly penalties and algorithm changes. The idea of this update is to punish sites only interested in generating ad revenue and not providing value to their users. According to the leading SEO specialist Sydney, this can make it difficult for small businesses to rank well in search engines.
How the Update will Affect Your SEO Efforts
SpamBrain is Google’s AI-based spam-prevention system, and this update makes the system better at finding more spam and makes sure the system spots new types of spam. Google’s new spam algorithm update is designed to address spam issues and help users find what they are looking for more easily. This update means you need to be proactive about your SEO efforts before it becomes too late. The update will target sites with low-quality content and those that show signs of being hacked, as well as spyware or malware. The onus is on site owners to keep their sites up to date. Contact the best SEO company in Sydney to discuss strategies for success and stay ahead of the curve.
What Can You Do to Prepare for the Update?
Google’s new spam algorithm update has been successfully rolled out, and if you are not prepared for it, your SEO Sydney efforts could be compromised.
Here are five things you can do to prepare:
- Websites hit by the new spam update should review Google’s spam policies to improve their search results.
- Avoid cloaking, a practice of presenting different content to users and Search Engines to manipulate the search results and mislead users.
- There should not be any hacked content on your website without permission.
- Hidden texts and links on a webpage are considered manipulative and violate Google’s spam policy. So, ensure that your website content is visible to screen readers.
- Make sure you do not violate unwanted software policy.
- Don’t intentionally create websites with misleading content or information.
- Do not copy or republish content from other websites without any original information or source information.
- Don’t reproduce content feeds from other websites.
- Do your best to make sure that all links coming to your site are natural ones.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends so that you can adapt accordingly.
- Keep an eye on search engine changes (such as updates).
- Make sure you have enough quality content so people will want to stay on your website.
This update is expected to affect more than just the usual spammers. That’s why we recommend you take these five steps to avoid potential damage from this change.
How to Avoid Being Hurt by the Update?
The best way to avoid being hurt by the update is to ensure your website is free of spam. The update also penalizes websites with duplicate content, so it is important to create original content for your site and make sure you are not copying anything from other sites. Keyword stuffing should also be avoided.
If you want to learn more about how the new update will affect your website, contact a local SEO Sydney today.
Google’s new update focuses on search spam and will affect how your website is ranked in the SERPS. It also has implications for your business and how you market your products or services online. To combat this update, you can use a professional SEO Sydney company that can take into account all these factors and make changes accordingly to ensure that your website continues to rank well on google searches.