There are about “75,151Google searches in 1 second” – Internet Live Stats. This urges the need for your restaurant business to be on Page One of Google!
With over 60% of customers looking online for restaurants near them, it is vital that you optimise your SEO for restaurants. In this case, clicks will go only to the business listed on the first page, as the prospective customers are looking for a restaurant which is accessible to them when they are hungry!
The Restaurant business in on the competitive niche and there are many obstacles that you should overcome as a business owner to gain the page one ranks. For this, as a first step, you need to work on a customised local business strategy in SEO for restaurants.
What Is SEO for Restaurants – know the Basics
Optimising the restaurant’s website with relevant information that will benefit the customers is called SEO for restaurants. You can improve the overall digital presence of your restaurant by
- Adding relevant content and blog posts
- Engaging with your audience on social media
- Make sure that the Business Name, Address and Phone number is listed precisely on all the local business listings.
These are the basics of SEO for restaurants, which will help you get started.
Here are a few ways that will help increase your rankings and help in the positioning of your website above your competitors in Google ranks.
- Always produce fresh and relevant contents on your website – Google loves a website which is updated with unique, fresh and relevant content on a regular basis. So, make sure that your content is relevant to your targeted audience.
- New Photos and Videos – Did you know, about 300 million photos were shared on Google Maps in the year 2018. Google likes what your customers are looking forward to. After all, Google strives to create better user experiences. So, share the best and latest dishes of your restaurant via photos or videos, which serves the purpose of providing Google with fresh content and simultaneously creating better user experience for your visitors.
- Make use of Local Keywords – Include keywords of the local areas from where you are looking to attract your targeted customers, it can either be your city or neighbourhood. This will help your customers understand where you are geographically located.
- Use short and descriptive SEO Titles – Include your location with the SEO titles, the type of restaurant, and the type of food you offer can also be included. Most importantly, the titles must be highly relevant to the content you are publishing.
- Customise the Meta descriptions – Meta descriptions are the small lines which appear under the title in a Google search result. They are equally important like your SEO titles, they too must be relevant to the content you are publishing, to avoid bounce rates. Be it SEO for restaurants, SEO for fashion or SEO for retail, you need to optimise the SEO titles and Meta descriptions in a simple form for Google to easily understand what your webpage is about.
Whatever strategy you intend to follow, never forget that the ultimate goal is to create better user experienced for the prospective customers and the existing customers when they visit. So create user engaging contents on your website that will appeal your visitors.