Amit Singhal, a former senior vice president at Google, envisioned Google’s search engine to become a Star Trek computer. Since its inception, Google has taken several bold steps to lead the online world, and one among them is the implementation of voice search. In just a few years, this technology has taken tremendous strides and has impacted search queries. So, it’s crucial for SEO Sydney professionals to understand how voice search works and how to implement it effectively in their SEO strategy to ensure success.
What is Voice Search?
Voice search technology allows users to access information through voice commands rather than typing. With a tremendous increase in people using voice search for everyday tasks like finding restaurants, researching products and asking questions, this feature has become immensely popular in the last few years. Voice search is used on devices such as smartphones, laptops, tablets and even some home assistants. It can save time and reduce the need for typing, which can be especially helpful for users with physical disabilities or limited mobility. The technology has become increasingly sophisticated, allowing it to understand more complex queries. As voice search technology continues to improve, more people are likely to use it, and it’s high time for businesses and SEO experts Sydney to optimise their SEO strategy in 2023 to include voice search.
People Are Using Voice Search More Often
It’s undeniable that voice search has become a popular tool for online users. With the development of digital assistants like Alexa, Siri, and Google Home, it has become increasingly easier for people to access information and find answers to their questions. According to Statista, Google Assistant supports 30,000 smart home devices. The key difference between traditional text-based search and voice search is that when using voice search, users are more likely to ask questions in natural language rather than typing out keywords. This shift towards more conversational queries means traditional keyword-driven search techniques are becoming less effective. To keep up with the trend, businesses and SEO consultants Sydney must adjust their SEO strategies to accommodate the shift in user behaviour.
Long-tail Keywords Are Becoming More Important
Voice search queries tend to be more conversational and detailed than traditional typed searches, which means that long-tail keywords are the ones that are being used. Long-tail keywords are more specific phrases that target a smaller audience than generic terms. For example, instead of typing in “shoes,” someone might use a voice search to say, “where can I buy blue running shoes near me?” This is an example of a long-tail keyword phrase that will give more accurate search results. Also, this makes it easier for a search engine to identify and rank the most relevant content. As a leading SEO specialist Sydney, using long-tail keywords in your client’s SEO strategy will help increase the chances of appearing in the top search engine results pages (SERPs) for relevant queries.
Local Results are Being Affected
Voice search is changing the way local businesses appear in search results. According to Forbes, 58% of consumers use voice search to find a local business online. As people use voice search, they are more likely to ask questions and look for specific information. This means that search engines are now providing more tailored and personalised results that are based on the user’s location. By optimising for voice search, local businesses can ensure that they appear in search results and remain visible to potential customers. This is important to stay competitive and maintain a successful online presence.
Optimise Your SEO Strategy to Include Voice Search
Voice search is often used for local searches, so SEO Sydney strategies should include optimising for local keywords and phrases. This means focusing on local-specific searches, such as the name of the city or town your business is located in. Moreover, it’s important to ensure that all of your website’s content is optimised for local searches.
Tips To Optimise SEO Strategy for Voice Search
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your SEO efforts when it comes to voice search:
1) Use natural language in your SEO content: When someone uses voice search, they’re likely speaking in a more conversational manner than when they type out a query. Optimising for natural language will help your content stand out in voice search results.
2) Prioritise long-tail keywords: Because voice searches tend to be longer and more specific, using long-tail keywords that closely match what the user is saying will help your content be more visible in the search results.
3) Incorporate local SEO: Since many voice searches are location-based, incorporating local SEO into your content can help you rank higher in the search results. Make sure to include appropriate locations and other local keywords in your SEO strategy.
4) Utilise structured data: Structured data helps search engines understand the context of your content, which can help your content appear higher in the search results. Incorporating schema markup into your website and using other structured data techniques can improve your visibility in voice search results.
5) Focus on featured snippets: Many voice search queries are answered with featured snippets, which are short pieces of content that appear at the top of the search engine results page. If you want to appear in these featured snippets, make sure your content is optimised for them by including keywords, providing concise and accurate information, and using the right formatting.
By following these tips and optimising your SEO strategy for voice search, you can ensure that your content is more visible in voice search results and help attract more visitors to your website. Get help from the best SEO company in Sydney now!