Do you know, majority of the Google searches that take place are local? If you own a local business that targets audiences belonging to a specific geo-location then you will have to work on the best Local SEO strategies. Everyone looks out for things that are located physically next to us using local searches. SEO for small business is a great investment, as it helps to capitalise on the digital. Is your website optimised for the local searches? If not, keep reading to learn from the experts in SEO for small business on how to optimise your website for the local searches –
- Create/Optimise Your Google My Business Page – This is one great way to increase your brand’s visibility in the local search results. To gain access to your Google My Business Profile, you need to make necessary optimisations to the profile. After you provide all the relevant business information in the GMB account, it will appear in the Google Search local results, Google Maps and the Google Search Knowledge Panel. But, make sure that you verify ownership of your business and the information provided is accurate and up-to-date. You can also encourage your customers to post reviews online, and respond to their reviews. If you are looking for SEO for startups, get in touch with the professional SEO experts, who will work to get better results.
- Get Reviews – Request your happy customers to write a review on the Google My Business Page. Did you know? According to a research, about 85% of the customers trust online reviews as they do believe personal recommendations? You can request for a review in person during the close of a sale. Or, you can send out an email asking the customers to write a review. Always make sure that you’re not approaching a displeased customer.
- Adjust for Voice Search – Voice search is growing steadily these days, and hence it is important to optimise your website for the people ask questions. Your customers are using local long-tail keywords when doing the voice searches. This is because, nowadays people speak into devices, instead of typing.
- Focus on Trending Local Contents – Nothing can convey your brand better than an authoritative content. You can speak of the local issues, activities or any local trending events to grab the attention of your customers. Set up location-specific webpages on your website with local content, to generate relevant traffic to the website. Assuming that you are a local construction company, you can create different pages based on the locations you serve. This will help with your SEO for construction companies, allowing you to rank high for the specific location.
- Mobile-Friendliness – Dependency on mobile phones to search for information has increased to a greater extent, than it was done on the desktops. Also, researches confirm that most mobile searches resulted in offline store visits mostly within 24 hours. So, it is important to ensure that your website is mobile-friendly, and loads quickly within three seconds.